Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
1. Receive a mail message in Entourage with a Word document attached, Word not running at the time;
2. Double click the attachment, Word launches, opens doc;
3. Select "File.Save As...." Default directory is "Saved Attachments." Click a directory on the left pane, and the selection does not occur, i.e., the target directory remains "Saved Attachments."
4. Select the drop-down for the target directory widget and select another directory; now clicking on the left pane will work.
5. Don't save it, but cancel out. Try again. Same behavior.
6. Try again, but this time save it somewhere. Now, on subsequent tries, it works fine.
7. Close the doc. Don't quit Word. Open it again from the mail message. Works fine.
8. Quit Word. Open doc again from email. Same bad behavior.